Diabetes

Diabetes

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Good morning or afternoon...

I woke up a little after 11:00 this morning. Every morning, I wake up with the worst taste in my mouth and I don't know why. I also was really thirsty, so I thought my blood sugar might be high. I go check it and it's 81. I thought that was a weird. Why am I having symptoms of having a high blood sugar when my blood sugar is not high? I checked my test strip bottle's code and made sure it matched the code that was put in my meter. They both were correct. I checked for ketones and I had a trace amount. How can this be? I mean it has happened before, but why does it happen? Here's what I think happened. I think that my blood sugar shot up high in the middle of the night and I developed ketones and then my blood sugar went back down and still had that trace amount of ketones this morning. If that's the case, I need to contact my doctor and ask if I need to increase my basal rates at night or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. When you submit your comment, it will be emailed to me and I will read it to determine if it is appropriate to post. I will not post comments that have foul language or hateful messages. Thank you.