Diabetes

Diabetes

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Been a while..

Hey everyone!
It's been a while!!! I had some tests this week that I had to study for. My diabetes is going well. I had a couple of high blood sugars in the past couple of days. My blood sugar should range from 70-150. Any higher than that can be harmful. Every diabetic is different when it comes to their thresh hold of how low or how high their blood sugar can get before they have problems. These problems can range from seizures, extreme tiredness, hunger, thirst, dry mouth, nausia, ketones, muscle aches, headaches, and diabetic coma. Sounds fun doesn't it? ;) Thankfully, my high blood sugars were no where near severe. Occasionally when I eat fast food or a really fatty meal, my blood sugar goes high and it takes a while longer for my insulin to kick in. That's what happened because I had Taco Bell that night for dinner. Other than that everything was fine. I'll make sure to update more often. :)

1 comment:

  1. You better not have any severe consequences for high blood sugar...I'll come hunt you down. I love you so much baby! You are so strong about this! I admire you more and more everyday because of this. You are the bravest person I know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. When you submit your comment, it will be emailed to me and I will read it to determine if it is appropriate to post. I will not post comments that have foul language or hateful messages. Thank you.