Diabetes

Diabetes

Monday, April 19, 2010

Waking Up

Have you ever woke up thinking that your blood sugar is really high and it's not? That happened to me the other day. I woke the other day feeling awful so I took my blood sugar to see what it was. It was 123. So I asked myself, "Why do I feel awful?" My theory is that my blood sugar shot up really high in the middle of the night and then peaked and started to slowly come back down. This happens a lot when you eat fatty foods. I'm in college right now so it's really hard for me to avoid having a high fat, unhealthy college diet. I also checked for ketones to see if I was right. If you feel like you have ketones, even if your blood sugar is fine, check anyways. I had a trace amount. So I took the appropriate actions to treat my ketones like drinking water and staying inactive. Within an hour my ketones had passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. When you submit your comment, it will be emailed to me and I will read it to determine if it is appropriate to post. I will not post comments that have foul language or hateful messages. Thank you.